Please carefully review the information below. If you'd like to keep a copy, please print this page or you can always download a copy (insert link) in the future
We are a "make it, bake it or grow it" market as defined by the BC Association of Farmers' Markets. The person selling the products must have made it, baked it or grown it. No resale of items is allowed.
All products sold must be approved by the Market Manager and Farmers. Market Executive Committee and meet these standards:
- Grown or produced in Powell River & Regional District .
- Produce must be grown without herbicides, pesticides or chemicals. Labels may NOT contain the word “organic” unless a farm is “certified organic” and certification papers must be displayed at booth. Signs may say "organically grown".
- Baked goods must be made from scratch.
- Original art and hand‐made items by local artists.
- Prepared food items must meet Vancouver Coastal Health's (VCH) “Temporary Food Market Guidelines”.Hardcopy or email copy acceptable:
- Written approval by the local Health Inspector for all products to be sold (returning vendors/products exempt). If additional products are added throughout the season, Market Manager must be notified and Health Inspector approval required.
- Proof of FoodSafe completion for each person preparing/handling food or drinks.
- Effective July 29, 2013, all FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates issued in British Columbia are valid for 5 years. Certificates issued prior to July 29, 2013, will expire July 29, 2018. To re-certify, simply retake the FOODSAFE Level 1 course or take the FOODSAFE Level 1 Refresher online course.
Annual membership fees must be paid on/before first day of market sales. The Powell River Farmers' Agricultural Institute (PRFAI) is the non‐profit under which the Powell River Farmers' Market operates as an autonomous sub‐committee.
Annual Membership Fees (one per individual vendor) *
$20.00 PRFAI Membership
$20.00 Powell River Open Air Farmers’ Market Membership
$10.00 Volunteer deposit (volunteer for 2 hours and receive a refund)Recurring Fees:
10% of total sales at the end of each market day with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $50
$3 per day for use of electricity
- Priority for booths is given to farmers, bakes and food vendors.
- Only farmers may add a table in front of their booth and only after manager approval is given.
- Although many vendors have preferred booths which will attempt to be accommodated, there is no guarantee from year to year that the same booth space will be assigned.
- Vendors may bring their own tent and table. Tent locations will be determined by manager.
- No car traffic permitted through the center walkway of booths (1-32) once tables have started to be setup or within an hour of the market opening.
Open to Public
Car traffic permitted
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:00 pm (noon)
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
* Vendor Cut‐off: Booths will only be held until Vendor Cut‐off, then they could be given to waiting vendors for the day.
• Manager must be notified at least 2 days in advance of an absence. All vendors will be listed on the Powell River Farmers’ Market blog as “in attendance” if manager is not otherwise notified. One exception is allowed per year due to family emergency but 2 or more absences can result in loss of booth space/preferred location. Further details are defined under Respectful Behaviour below.
EXTRA DATES OPEN:
EXTRA DATES OPEN:
Open to Public
Car traffic permitted
Canada Day Sun Jul 1
12:30 am – 3:30 pm
A Mid Summers’ Night Feast Aug 6
4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Fall Fair Sep 15 & 16
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Nutrition Coupons are single use coupons and can only be accepted by participating farmers for unprocessed fruit, vegetables, nuts, eggs & meats; only current year Nutrition Coupons should be accepted; coupons cannot be accepted from other vendors without an accompanying letter of exception from the market manager. Market manager will not pay out on expired coupons. Participating vendors must have all their Nutrition Coupon paperwork in place before accepting coupons.
- The Powell River Farmers' Market $2 wooden tokens can be accepted in place of cash by all vendors. Tokens can be cashed in at the INFO booth anytime. Customers can purchase tokens on their credit card if they don't have cash with them.
- The INFO booth will process credit card purchases (over $20) for vendors who do not have credit card processing ability. A service charge of 2.65% will be payable by the vendor (it is not legal to pass this fee onto the customer). Vendors will be paid out on the purchases at the end of each market day. For large payout amounts that cannot easily be paid with cash, cheques may be issued.
- The Market runs rain or shine, vendors agree to participate regardless of weather conditions. If your sales/products are weather dependent please notify the manager at the start of your season.
- Sales begin only after the opening bell sounds with the exception of prepared food and drink vendors who may sell on-site consumables anytime.
- Vendors may buy early. Please go to the back of the booth you wish to purchase from and be patient and respectful of vendors setting up. If you access the front of the booth you must wait in line like other customers until after the bell rings.
- Respectful behavior is expected towards other vendors, committee members, market manager, music director, volunteers and customers. Please report any inappropriate behavior to the market manager immediately. Vendors are not required to address or handle any confrontations or escalations.
- Please take away your own garbage. The garbage cans provided are for customer use only.
- Absolutely no dumping of any food products, garden waste or compost on the grounds. Compost may be left in a container, with your booth # on it, BESIDE the composter. All compost is sorted by staff before it is put in the composter. Your container will be returned to your booth.
- No sales of bottled drinks (water, pop, juice etc) allowed. Vendor bottled, VCH approved drinks are ok.
- No smoking is permitted on the grounds during "open to the public" hours. Cigarette butts should be disposed of responsibly and not left on the grounds.
- Dogs and other pets are NOT allowed in the market grounds between Vendor Cut‐off and Car traffic permitted hours (except for service dogs). If you bring a pet with you please ensure they have water and stay securely inside your vehicle until the market is over. There are plenty of shady parking spots available.
- Please use only reusable or biodegradable containers. No styrofoam permitted.
- NOTE: paper products are preferred over any type of plastic or compostable plastic containers. Powell River does not yet have a commercial composting facility to accommodate compostable plastic‐looking containers or corn‐based plastic cutlery.
- Vendors are required to attend at least one work party or complete one volunteer task per season. Physical strength or endurance is not needed for all tasks.
If you agree with these terms and conditions then please proceed to the Vendor Registration.